The condensed consolidated interim financial statements of the KION Group as of 30 September 2012 and for Q3/2012 have been prepared in line with International Accounting Standard (IAS) 34 'Interim Financial Reporting' and other International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs) as adopted by the European Union in accordance with Regulation (EC) No. 1606/2002 of the European Parliament and of the Council concerning the application of international accounting standards for interim financial statements. A condensed scope of interim reporting has been prepared in accordance with IAS 34.
All of the IFRSs and the related interpretations (IFRICs) of the IFRS Interpretations Committee (IFRS IC) that have been issued by the reporting date and that were required to be applied for financial years commencing on or after 1 January 2012 have been applied in preparing these condensed consolidated interim financial statements. These condensed consolidated interim financial statements do not contain all the information and disclosures required of a set of consolidated annual financial statements and should therefore be read in conjunction with the consolidated financial statements prepared for the year ended 31 December 2011. With the exception of the new IFRS standards and interpretations described below, the accounting policies used to prepare these condensed consolidated interim financial statements were the same as those used to prepare the consolidated financial statements for the year ended 31 December 2011.
Financial reporting standards to be adopted for the first time in the current financial year
The following financial reporting standard was adopted for the first time in the condensed consolidated interim financial statements as of 30 September 2012:
- Amendments to IFRS 7 'Financial Instruments: Disclosures', disclosures relating to transfers of financial assets.
The first-time adoption of this standard has had no significant effect on the presentation of the financial position or financial performance of the KION Group.
Financial reporting standards released but not yet adopted
In its condensed consolidated interim financial statements as of 30 September 2012 and for Q3/2012, the KION Group has not applied the following standards and interpretations, which have been issued by the IASB but are not yet required to be applied in 2012:
- Amendments to IFRS 1 'First-time Adoption of International Financial Reporting Standards', amendments relating to fixed transition dates and severe hyperinflation
- Amendments to IFRS 1 'First-time Adoption of International Financial Reporting Standards', amendments relating to government loans with a below-market rate of interest
- Amendments to IFRS 7 'Financial Instruments: Disclosures', offsetting of financial assets and financial liabilities
- IFRS 9 'Financial Instruments'
- IFRS 10 'Consolidated Financial Statements'
- IFRS 11 'Joint Arrangements'
- IFRS 12 'Disclosure of Interests in Other Entities'
- Transition Guidance (Amendments to IFRS 10, IFRS 11 and IFRS 12)
- IFRS 13 'Fair Value Measurement'
- Amendments to IAS 1 'Presentation of Financial Statements', amendments relating to the presentation of items of other comprehensive income
- Amendments to IAS 12 'Income Taxes', limited amendment to IAS 12 relating to the recovery of underlying assets
- Amendments to IAS 19 'Employee Benefits', elimination of the use of the 'corridor' approach and amendments relating to the presentation of items of pension expense
- IAS 27R 'Separate Financial Statements'
- IAS 28R 'Investments in Associates and Joint Ventures'
- Amendments to IAS 32 'Financial Instruments: Presentation', offsetting of financial assets and financial liabilities
- IFRIC 20 'Stripping Costs in the Production Phase of a Surface Mine'
- Improvements to IFRSs (2009-2011).
These standards and interpretations will only be applied by the companies included in the KION Group from the date on which they must be adopted for the first time. Their effects on the financial position and financial performance of the KION Group are expected to be insignificant.
The reporting currency is the euro. All amounts are disclosed in thousands of euros (€ thousand) unless stated otherwise. The rounding of amounts added together may result in rounding differences of +/- €1 thousand in the corresponding totals.
The basis for internal reporting is a presentation of the financial position and financial performance based on data from continuing operations, excluding items relating to the KION Group in December 2006 and excluding Non-recurring items. In addition to the above items, other net financial income/expenses and the share of profit (loss) of equity investments were also excluded from the performance indicator known as 'EBIT Management Reporting'. Segment reporting therefore included a reconciliation of externally reported consolidated earnings before interest and tax (EBIT) including KION acquisition items and Non-recurring items with the Adjusted EBIT for the segments ('EBIT Management Reporting').
Management Reporting EBIT differed from Adjusted EBIT for the last time in 2011 in that it did not take into account the share of profit (loss) of equity investments or other net financial income/expenses. Since 2012 EBIT Management Reporting corresponds to the Adjusted EBIT.